Missing out :(

Missing out :(

Postby manpreet on Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:05 am

Hi frdz......
I'm married with two kids, ages 11 and 14. The kids always go to my husband when they need something or have a problem. I'm always busy working and taking care of things around the house, but lately I feel like I'm missing out. How can I get more involved in their lives?
manpreet

Re: Missing out :(

Postby hasinashaikh on Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:05 pm

Hi! Manpreet
i can understand how you feel. have been thru this and especially in our community where women are considered ?/#!. Your husband will have to help. he has to tell them, while talking, "let us ask Mom", "I will only give you if mom says so" (If Mom tells me, you have been a good boy, then only you will get this."
Unless he shows that you are important and your opinion matters, kids will never learn.
hasinashaikh

Re: Missing out :(

Postby Karuna on Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:08 pm

hi
This is very common problem that i think many of us face. even i used to face this problem and used to get irritated. but then i tried to get my work done faster(before my husband walked in from the work) and the second was i asked my family to help me the basic chores so that i could also be with them in the free time. this has really helped me. you try and talk to your family first if they support you then you will not miss out on the fun they have.
bye
Karuna

Return to Managing Home